Sunday, September 5, 2010

Photo Number 302

Family in 1916

This photo was taken in 1916, unfortunately the photographers name is so hard to read I cannot venture a guess.  I chose this photo because I liked the way the little boy has his hand around his Mother.  The Mothers dress is fur trimmed..I am not sure what kind of fur it is.  A beautiful family photo, I looked closely at the Dads ring and the boys locket, they appear to be different.

Family in 1916

Family in 1916

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. What a handsome family. It's cute that the boy has his arm around his mama's neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unable to tell if the applique at the boy's throat is an S or a cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norkio, I cannot tell if it is a ships anchor with an S, an anchor with rope or a monogram on his outfit. I looked at it also.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, looking at it again, it's clearly an anchor! That coincides with the popular sailor suits that boys and girls wore. :-)

    Norkio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried adjusting a downloaded copy of the picture with the photographer's name and was unable to make it out with what limited enhancements I can do in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie