Friday, November 25, 2011

Full Circle 38

This photo went to Minneapolis.

Runneborg sisters DL Antiques

Photo Number 516

After finding out that these were the Lunneborg sisters I sent out a message on Facebook to a possible relative.  And waited.  One day I received this email.

Photo 516 is a picture of four of my grandfather's (Nelmar Lunneborg) sisters. They lived on a farm in Milnor, North Dakota. There were 16 children born to Nels and Ellite. Nels has four surviving children including my father. Is there anyway I can obtain the photo?  Thanks Sandy

Later Sandy wrote:

I'm not sure which of the sisters they are but I will be checking with my dad and aunts to see if they may know. The family had a farm in Milnor, ND. Many of the kids stayed there or nearby. My grandfather moved to minneapolis, mn and worked as an auto mechanic. I will definely updateprovide an update on the site if I get more info. My niece was doing a search on my grandmother (emma lunneborg, nelmar's wife not his sister emma) and was directed to this sight.

 

I also got an email from Gail:

Those are my great aunts. My grandfather was Nelmer Lunneborg. I was so surprised to see the photo when I googled Donna Lunneborg (my Mother)images. Makes me think what a crazy tool this internet is. And I wonder how the photo ended up in an antique store in Detroit lakes. Thanks for what you do.

I did not hear if they got the photo or not.  I mailed it on July 26, 2011.

Sometimes I get discouraged when I don’t hear that a photo was received.  But I keep sending them out anyway. I usually wait to write the full circle post after the photo has been received and hopefully something about the photo has been shared.   In this case I was curious which four of the eight girls were in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. I hope one of them reads this posts and lets you know that they received the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged! I LOVE what you do! Kinda makes me wish my ancestors lived in MN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and find them intriguing... I also live in a sepia world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you hear something. Those four girls thank you for letting them go home anyway... they speak in the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie