Thursday, November 24, 2011

Full Circle 37

This photo was mailed off to North Dakota.

Kenneth Ritchfield DL Antiques

Photo Number 589

Iggy located an address for Virginia, I sent her a copy of the blog and she sent me Dons address, she said he was the family historian!

I mailed off the photo to Don.

Don wrote:

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the picture you sent me a few weeks ago. The picture is of my father Kenneth Litchfield. He was born March 11, 1903 on his fathers farm SE of Gwinner, ND. My great grandfather Albert Litchfield moved from Massachusetts to the Truman Minnesota area about 1880. His son Roland (my grandfather) moved to ND in 1901 where he bought a quarter of land SE of Gwinner. Albert was a civil war veteran wounded at the battle of Balls Bluff, VA on Oct 21, 1861. I have a picture of his wife Annie, but do not have one of Albert. If you should ever run across on I would be happy to pay you for it. It may be possible to find one in an old Truman newspaper, but I would have to go there to research it.

Thanks again for the picture of my father. I have one also, but now I will have one for each of my sons.

Best regards

Don

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am especially thankful for Iggy and Abra they are wonderful researchers.  If I am ever lost Iggy will be able to track me down!  Thank you to everyone who leaves comments in regard to translation, spellings, clothing and photographers information.  Every little bit of information is valuable!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. This blog has been a blessing to many family members. Thanks to everyone who makes these Full Circles possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy seeing this photos and especially when they are able to make a Full Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Connie, and thank you so much for what you do with all these old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great posting. I am glad the photo gets to the ones who are related to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a precious photo - I'm glad it went home.

    :) I enjoy searching for folks that appreciate a homecoming of their "roots"... the ones that don't... leave me perplexed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Iggy. I find it perplexing when people aren't over the moon with the discovery of a Forgotten Old Photo, but I guess that just speaks to the individual interests of folks. I love the discovery!! Sorry I haven't been able to help much, but as time permits, I will be here, and I will certainly hope to have more a decent amount of time after Christmas until early spring. I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with all the blessings you deserve. ~Abra

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie