Monday, February 6, 2012

Full Circle 46

This was a Facebook reunion.

Abra located Ed and I sent him a message through Facebook. In the meantime Iggy found his snail mail address.

Eddie  Fogderud DL Antiques

Photo Number 755

He wrote back:

That's me, sure enough; or, I should say, that was me, back in the day. My four year old grandson's going to get a kick out of it. How did you ever find it and where?
Thanks Ed...

I wrote back that I got it at an antique store in Detroit Lakes Minnesota…and that it was a bit of a hobby.

Ed wrote:

What a neat hobby; and also, what a nice gesture. My youngest daughter says she’d love to have the old photo and we’d appreciate having it.

I remember vacationing in Detroit Lakes Minnesota. My Aunt, uncle and two cousins lived there. My mother must’ve given the old photo, of me, to her sister, and who knows how it ended up where you found it? Anyway, Thank both you and your researcher for finding me. Isn’t facebook just the best?
Thanks again, Ed…

I didn’t hear anything for a long time…I finally sent him a message ..yes he got the photo and declined to share any more information.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

 

5 comments:

  1. Full Circle 46... Do you have any count on how many photos were involved? I'm guessing about 60-65 (or so).

    This makes your return rate about 7.5%.

    :) I'm sure Ed seeing his grandchild look at this photo of him - makes it so very worthwhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this and all the other Full Circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of my favorite pictures out of all those you've found. The little guy just looks like someone everyone would have known from grade school. Congratulations on another Full Circle story!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie