Thursday, April 12, 2012

Full Circle 52

Today’s Full Circle began with Iggy searching..he found an email address for a relative.

Postcard Rose Gast DL Antiques

Photo Number 839  Rose Gast

The back of of the photo said To Ellfrieda Hingot. edited to (Hingst) from Rose Gast

Hi,

My wife forwarded this email to me. I showed the photo to my father, Rose's last living child and he agreed that it is his mother. He thinks it is likely her confirmation photo and she may have been about age 14. Also he said that he knew the Hingst family as a child, someone may have had trouble reading the writing on the postcard. It is not Hingot as indicated in the blog.

Thanks,

Craig

I mailed the photo off in the mail on April 9, 2012 and last night I got a reply.

Hi Connie, I received the photo today in fine shape. I have attached a photo of my Grandmother taken in 1995 when she was 94. She lived another 3 years however her mind didn't stick with her. What I remember about her is she was very quiet, she always made her own bread, never buying it at the store. And she made great canned cherries. I only got to see her every 2 or 3 years while growing up since our family moved out west.

I have also attached the program from her memorial which is informative.

Thanks for taking the time to research the photo, it was a fun experience.

Sincerely,

Craig

IMG_0001

 

IMG

Another Full Circle this one complete with an older photo..thanks to Craig for sharing the photo and the Obituary with us! 

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

8 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! It's always a gratifying experience to be able to return a photograph to a family historian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tribute to a lovely lady! :) Goodness, she must of made a ton of cookies for all those children and grands!! I bet she was something at the piano... I wish I could have heard her play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT was a great response. Interesting to learn more of Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gratifying not only to see another orphan photo be restored to family but to hear back from the recipient--and with so much detail and an updated picture, to boot. Now, not only has the photograph come full circle, but the story has, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a truly satisfying and heart warming full circle. She lived to be 99 and had a great, full life...seeing her photo at the end of her life makes the older one seem somehow more real. Nice job, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a treat to see the lady years after the photo this started with. :) Congrats on another good effort going full circle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I love full circles!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie