Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Full Circle 170

This Full Circle began with an email.

Hi Connie,

I have stumbled on your blog a number of times over the years and absolutely love seeing the photos and what you do.  I've done the same thing (on a MUCH smaller scale), but have found it unbelievably satisfying to get photos back to family members and researchers. At any rate, I finally found a photo on your blog that I can get full circle! It's photo number 1976.  I'm helping a friend and her brother put together a family history for their 84-year-old mother for Christmas. They wanted to explore their mother's mother's family because their grandmother didn't know her father until later in life (she was raised by her paternal grandparents). The two girls in the picture would have been my friend's grandmother's first cousins.  Amy (Manthei) Lundquist (1906-1987) lived her entire life in Minneapolis and, as someone mentioned, Fontella (Manthei) Campbell died at the age of 20 in 1927. I'd love to get a high quality scan of the photo to give my friends to present to their mother with the family history.  As you'd probably appreciate, when you want to know more about family, it's fun to put faces with names. And they are a wonderful family who suffered much tragedy.  Their great-grandfather, Frank Chamberlin, was the younger brother of the mother of the pictured girls, Finis (Chamberlin) Manthei.  Amy is named after her grandmother, who died at age 48 leaving several younger children.  Thanks, Connie, and keep up the good work. I love this blog!

Sincerely,

Brendon

I mailed the photo to Brendon on May 19 2018.

Amy and Fontinella Minneapolis DL ant Number 1976 Full Circle 170

Amy and Fontella Manthei  Photo Number 1976

Hi Connie,

I received the photo of Amy and Fontella Manthei yesterday. Thank you!  I'm happy to reimburse you for your expense, and will be mailing that soon.  I appreciated your letter, and if it's okay, I'd love to write back a little "full circle" info when my friend presents the photo to her mother.  This will really make our project for her come to life!  Thanks again.  I absolutely love the work you are doing.

Sincerely,

Brendon

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet message. I bet this was a loved gift when received by the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful message--and I'm so glad someone else is trying to do the same for friends! What you are doing is so wonderful, Connie, but it is really a drop in the ocean of what could be done if all of us (and then some!) tried our hand at returning antique photos from across the country (and even the world) to descendants of family members.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie