Sunday, April 9, 2017

Full Circle 154

This Full Circle began with a comment left on the blog.

I really would like a copy of this. She was my great, great, grandmother. How do I do this?

(My email is in my profile and anyone can contact me!  If someone leaves an email address in a comment I usually delete it so it does not appear.  I need an snail mail address to mail the photograph to. )

Hello,  I don't know much about her personally.  She was my great great grandmother.  I knew my great grandmother very well and I have been told she was much like her mother.  I would like that picture.  I don't have many of my ancestors pictures.
 Kenneth

Anna Akin CRaigs Number 1864 (2)
Anna Akin  Photo Number 1864
Previously research had been done by Sue and Susanna Rosalie, they had the right person, just no answer from the person at Ancestry with Anna in their family tree.  I presented this photo back in March of 2015.   It took two years before a home was found.

I mailed the photo and a few days later got a response! 

Hello,  I received the photo today, Thank you so much!   
She had 12 children with her husband James Benjamin Martin Akin.  Her parents were Epriam and Catherine (Crause) Stone.  Her father was a First cousin of a signer of the Declaration of Independence.  They moved to Texas where her husband died in 1893.  Have not been able to find his resting place.  Anna was buried in Colorado.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Just makes me happy to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! It is encouraging to know that even after a long period of time, there is still hope of finding a home for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see the range of time periods it takes to send some of your photos home. We've seen some really quick responses. And then two years for this one.

    Sometimes, putting these photos up online must seem like an investment in the future: someday, somehow, someone will stumble upon the fact that you have their family member featured in one of your posts.

    I know I always hope I'll stumble upon one of my ancestors' photos that way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie