Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Photo Number 579

This is a photo that I purchased at a garage sale.

Wedding pr Garage sale 1950s I believe that this photo is from sometime around 1949 or 1950.

My Mother wore a similar dress and her train was twirled around the front also.

IM_A0006 This is my parents wedding photograph, they got married in 1950.  Last October they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. We had lunch with pulled pork sandwiches, homemade potato salad and lots of other salads and cake and coffee at the church, both of my brothers and my sister were able to attend. It was a lovely party and the church social hall was packed with friends and relatives. 

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your parents!! 60 years!! Wow!! And I bet it was nice to see your brother and sister at the celebration!

    I hope the other wedding was as successful, even if the photo was being sold in a garage sale (now who would do that??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am showing my age, but I like these wedding pictures where things are simpler and the bride doesn't have it all hanging out!

    I am so happy for your family, to have your parents that long is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine selling photos at yard sale either. At least the photo went to a good home.

    It has been fun to see the wedding photos this month. It's amazing how styles and traditions have changed. Thanks, Connie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie