Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo Number 556

This is a cabinet card from the Third Antique Shop in Dorset. This card has scalloped edges, they were popular in the 1890’s.

1894 1895 wedding photo Dorset3 The bride has a dark dress, and what looks to be a light colored ribbon near the neckline of her dress.  She has a wedding bonnet with flowers and some are trailing down her left shoulder.  The groom seems relaxed.

O F Alldrin was a photographer in Fergus Falls, Minnesota from 1894 to 1895.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

5 comments:

  1. I am enjoying these pretty wedding pictures. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really find it amusing that they never smiled back then. Well, for photos anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interests me so much is that the brides wear white bridal veils with dark dresses - styles change so much - they all remind me of Laura Ingalls Wilder as a bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wedding photos as well. I limit myself to collecting only photos with children in them (or else I would start having storage issues ☺)so I enjoy seeing your photos.
    I also thought of Laura Ingalls Wilder when I saw this dark dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of Fergus Falls!

    So many married couples with no names...

    -Iggy

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie