Sunday, August 15, 2010

Photo Number 283

Postcard Dear Sister BVA

This is a Real Photo Postcard from 1904 to 1918.  I got some lovely real photo postcards and photos from a small shop over by Hackensack one day.  Bonny View Antiques..well worth the trip to stop by there..she was a very friendly lady!

Postcard Dear sister two

This is what I think it says.

Dear Sister Minnie?

Just a line to let you now how we are I am feeling fine at present. I was over to ----- yesterday--------she --------------------- went home sick Hope he is better now get Dr Holdridge and then he wont die. We had a snow storm last night and this morning the ground is all white. Love to all ans soon.

Interesting..I saw one of these dressing stools..or what ever you call what the gentleman is sitting in at a sale the other day, goodness knows I have enough old furniture..but I found it an interesting piece of furniture. I did NOT buy it, now if it had been a rocking chair that would have been a different story. 

Thanks for stopping by, do come again.  I still have more Farm photos,  I will let them go to seed for now..it was a fun couple of weeks:) 

6 comments:

  1. It's always nice to find a nice friendly antique store to browse through. Lovely photo ~ to me, the man looks a little uncomfortable seated on such a narrow stool. So, you are hoping to find a rocking chair? Hope you find just what you are looking for and please share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love, love, love your posts. Old photos are so interesting to me even if I don't know anyone in them. Love the history you add to the posts as well. I've followed you here from "It's Always Something".

    Thanks for taking the time to share these wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it says "Carl" went home sick. Also, those chairs are incredibly uncomfortable. It's basically a plank of wood, sometimes they are upholstered, and often they don't have backs. You would not want to sit in one very long, which is probably good for a dressing room, but still... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has a beautiful outfit on - so trim and sharp!

    I love the old language - stilty isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen chairs like that didn't know what they were. It is an interesting couple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. George Andrews Holdridge (31 Mar 1879 in New York) of Hartford, Todd and later, Foley, Benton, Minnesota was a Medical Doctor.

    Find A Grave Memorial# 38683906 - there are 5-6 Minnie's in the same cemetery - Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie