Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Photo Number 572

This is a photograph from the Antique Shop in Park Rapids Minnesota.
Louise and Frank Stang Wedding 1920's PR Tin Ceiling The women are looking one way and the men the other, and no one is really smiling.  The brides dress is much the style of the 1920’s, it looks like she has her dancing shoes on too.
Now for the part that Intense Guy aka Iggy has been waiting for..
Louise and Frank Stang Wedding Back Our Wedding  Louise and Frank Stang or Stans. 
Finally a photo with names..but no clue of where they are from.  So many of these wedding photos are unmarked. Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from Iggy: 
Frank and Louise appear to be from St Cloud, Stearns, Minnesota. The 1930 US census lists them as follows: Frank (b. abt 1901) and Louise (b. abt 1902) with four children, Marlan (spelling?) F. Stang (1924), Geraldine M. Stang (1925), Melvin E. Stang (28-March-1926 d. 22-Feb-1992), and Mary Lou M. Stang (1928).


Update from Abra:
I found the record of Frank Stang & Louise Hoffmann, married May 8, 1923, in Stearns County, MN. Louise was born in 1902 in St. Joseph & died in 1994 in Stearns County. This is the county I grew up in, and while both the Stang & Hoffmann names are common in my home area, as well as many of the names of the children & grandchildren, I do not know any of them.

Update: This photo went Full Circle 62 on October 30, 2012.

12 comments:

  1. Such beautiful clothing and floral bouquets! Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surname could also be Stang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I am enjoying the excitement around Photo 523.

    http://forgottenoldphotos.blogspot.com/2011/05/photo-number-523.html

    Frank and Louise appear to be from St Cloud, Stearns, Minnesota. The 1930 US census lists them as follows: Frank (b. abt 1901) and Louise (b. abt 1902) with four children, Marlan (spelling?) F. Stang (1924), Geraldine M. Stang (1925), Melvin E. Stang (28-March-1926 d. 22-Feb-1992), and Mary Lou M. Stang (1928).

    I hope to have time later to continue looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Photo 523 is getting some action! :)

    Thanks Iggy for the info on Louise and Frank:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The men both look much older than the women. I think those dresses look very delicate, less functional than other years.

    Now, I've got to go check on Photo 523.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old photos. I hope they all find their home. I wish I could find my grandparents wedding photo. It got lost somewhere in FL when my grandfather died =( Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found the record of Frank Stang & Louise Hoffmann, married May 8, 1923, in Stearns County, MN. Louise was born in 1902 in St. Joseph & died in 1994 in Stearns County. This is the county I grew up in, and while both the Stang & Hoffmann names are common in my home area, as well as many of the names of the children & grandchildren, I do not know any of them. :-( ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank and Louise are my boyfriends great grandparent. Interested in getting my (our) hands on this photo!

      Delete
  8. Can anyone please tell me what antique store this photo is at?? Frank and Louise Stang are my boyfriend's great grandparents. I came across this site by accident. I would love to get my hands on this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, I have the photo. I purchased it at an antique shop. I will mail it to you. Please contact me through the email on the left..click near the yellow flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mailed to Kelly in Saint Paul Park MN on October 22, 2012:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just recieved the photo in the mail. Amazing! Thank tou Connie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie