Monday, March 28, 2011

Photo Number 492

Elmers sisters DLThe photographer is L Hikell ..Artist  in  Beresford, So. Dak

Elmers sisters back

Could this say Elmer Westling?? or Elmer sister? I thought it might say Elmers sister..he had three that it could be.. Selma Mary born in 1888 the Mother of all those children plus many more. Emelia Edna born in 1891 or Freda Eileen born in 1893.

Elmer DL Antiques To Elmer  DL Antiques Elmers sisters DL

I think there is a resemblance in all of these photos..brothers and sisters and one of the sisters children. What do you think?  We probably have too much speculation to go any further with these photos..but perhaps a relative will come by someday and leave a message..you never can tell.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

9 comments:

  1. They seem to share the same wide "pudgy" nose. Not knowing any better, I would think this is the mother of the child - this family did live so close to Beresford until they moved to California. My guess would be Selma and her oldest daughter, Blanch(e) (b. 1915). The girl looks about 10-12 years old to me - I wonder when the Dubrall's moved to California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an interesting group of photos. The writing does get to be hard to read with aging process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing these photos make me want to go back to the almost expressionless faces for some of my pictures. There's a pureness that I like in these particular shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kind of does look like "sister" there but it's so hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks like a mother/daughter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The woman on the right is my grandmother Selma Westling Dubrall and the other woman must be one of her sisters.She had 13 brothers amf sisters. I would love to have a copy of this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture of the two men were Elmer Westling and one of his brothers. There were 14 children in the family. How can I get a copy of this photo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annette, Please email me and I will send you the photos! :) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mailed this photo yesterday to Annette in California:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie