Friday, March 18, 2011

Photo Number 482

These are the last two photos with names from Janice’s Dyer Album.  I will show both of them..because I think they are related somehow. 
Dyer 19
Mandy Lowrey..her dress suggests that this photo was taken in about 1895..the huge sleeves and the “wings” over her sleeves. She also wears a lovely lace collar with a brooch or a locket at the neck. Perhaps someone has input on the long chain..for a watch? At first I thought that this was a photo of an older woman..then I looked closely..her frown just makes her look older than she is.
Dyer 18Iva visited the same photographer as Mandy.  Iva must have loved her hat. 

Thanks Janice for sharing your Forgotten Old Photos with us the past few days.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from Iggy:
I think this is Amanda D. Lowry, daughter of Andrew and Olercia Lowry. She appears to have married H. F. Dyer. If this can be confirmed, then I believe this is her death record -

Mandy Dyer (b. 18-Jun-1882 d. Jul-1976 at the age of 94 in Branchland, Lincoln, WV)



These photos went Full Circle 31 on September 02, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have much time today - but I think this is Amanda D. Lowry, daughter of Andrew and Olercia Lowry. She appears to have married H. F. Dyer. If this can be confirmed, then I believe this is her death record -

    Mandy Dyer (b. 18-Jun-1882 d. Jul-1976 at the age of 94 in Branchland, Lincoln, WV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting photos. I love the clothes/hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I had your knack for sizing up the clothing and guessing a date for these old photos. :)
    So Mandy has a Dyer connection too. Well that points us closer to knowing which family this collection belongs to, now to find them and connect. I'll keep plugging away at this. Thank you to everyone for all the help.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie