Thursday, March 17, 2011

Photo Number 481

This is another photo from Janice and her Dyer Album.
Dyer 22 Birthday Greetings  Robert and Richard Dyer
Dyer 22
Now for a question..when do you think this photo was taken?  Janice would like input from you!
Ohhh they are cute little guys!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from Abra:


I found Richard (1909) and Robert (1912), sons of Myrtle & Lemuel Dyer, living in Shreve, Wayne County, Ohio in 1930. Given yesterday's photo of Myrtle, I would say there is a fairly good chance these are our boys. That would date this photo to about 1914-1915, which seems about right to me.


Update from Iggy:
Richard Dyer (b. 16-Nov-1908 d. Mar-1980 at the age of 71 in Doylestown, Wayne County, Ohio)

Robert Dyer (b. 01-Sep-1911 d. Jul-1984 at the age of 72 in Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio)



I think that this is a good possibility!  As always I thank Abra and Iggy for their relentless searching skills!!  They have also identified yesterdays photo as the Mother of these boys.  I think this photo was taken around 1913-1914  when Richard was five/six and Robert was two/three:)  


Update from Iggy March 24, 2011
Robert G Dyer married Thelma Martin - Thelma's parents were James R Martin (28y
in 1910) and Alta L Martin  (23y in 1910)

Thelma L. Dyer  (b. April 11, 1912  d. June 22, 1997 at the age of 85 years in
Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio.

Robert and Thelma appear to be James Dyer's parents.



I have forwarded the contact info to Janice, since she is in possession of the photographs. Now we will just have to wait and see what happens next:)



This photo went Full Circle 31 on September 02, 2011



12 comments:

  1. A wild guess. The latter part of the 1920s!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Aren't they the cutest!!!

    I'm not good at dating photos (You do that really well Far Side! Maybe Norkio will help, she dates photos really well too!)

    My guess is about 1890-1895.

    Happy Saint Patricks Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s., there is a 1900 census record for a Dyer family living in Warren, Belmont County, Ohio with a Robert B (b. Sep 1884) and a Richard M (b. Mar 1890) but these little guys look closer than 5+ years apart to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found Richard (1909) and Robert (1912), sons of Myrtle & Lemuel Dyer, living in Shreve, Wayne County, Ohio in 1930. Given yesterday's photo of Myrtle, I would say there is a fairly good chance these are our boys. That would date this photo to about 1914-1915, which seems about right to me. ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again Abra works her awesome magic. I think 3 years apart for the ages works well too, so Abra's selection of family works well for me.

    I ought to retire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Abra is correct, and I've every reason to think so -

    Richard Dyer (b. 16-Nov-1908 d. Mar-1980 at the age of 71 in Doylestown, Wayne County, Ohio)

    Robert Dyer (b. 01-Sep-1911 d. Jul-1984 at the age of 72 in Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myrtle Van Schoyck b: October 11, 1872 in Hilliard, Franklin Co., Ohio d: October 19, 1951 in Shreve, Ohio married to Lemuel Dyer b: October 7, 1877 in Macksburgh, Ohio d: October 27, 1941 in Shreve, Ohio

    http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/a/g/Sean-T-Bagby/ODT7-0040.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have checked here before searching for Myrtle's maiden name (I posted on her picture), although we were probably searching about the same time-I am a really slow typer.

    Don't even think about retiring, Iggy. Nothing magic about my searching other than I plunk down $155 a year to have full access to the Ancestry.Com search engine. Money well spent--a cheaper hobby than most! I don't do the world membership anymore, because they didn't have enough German records for me...maybe someday when they add more. I also use familysearch.org (free), as they have more European records, and anything else that is free, though I have been looking at a couple other inexpensive paid sites, wondering if I'd find even more. ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before reading Abra's info I was thinking 1910-1915 because of the way the photo is mounted. After 1900 or so they moved away from cabinet cards and went to those larger bordered mats and the photos were somehow "inside" the layers of the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again the crew here at Forgotten Old Photos is amazing! I guess I was right to call this the Dyer Album :) Now to figure out how Susie relates to them. Many thanks to everyone who is helping me with this search!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is interesting that this photo was from Shreve Ohio...That is where I lived for a short time. Glad the family was located.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie