Monday, March 7, 2011

Photo Number 471

This week we will look at some foreign photos.
4 girls foreign photo Bemidji Antiques  This is a CdV or Cartes d’ visite or calling card. I purchased this card at an Antique Shop in Bemidji, Minnesota.

Sisters or friends?  This is a totally different type of photograph, with the girls being photographed in a stair step way and a unique way of highlighting the photo.

I think that this might be from Sweden..but I am not sure.  Input is always appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from crex:
Yes, it's from Sweden.


Update from Iggy:
Tranas, Sweden is in the south-central region, about 170 miles/275 km southwest of Stockholm.

Gottfrid Wahlgren worked in the town of Aneby in 1897, Tranås in 1898. I think he was born 25 aug. 1872 and died in Aneby.


10 comments:

  1. I really like the way this photo was taken. With my old SLR camera, I had the props to do this, but how could we produce a picture like this with a digital camera????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rather cool effect can be mimicked using a photo-editing program (such as Photoshop).

    Tranas, Sweden is in the south-central region, about 170 miles/275 km southwest of Stockholm.

    Gottfrid Wahlgren worked in the town of Aneby in 1897, Tranås in 1898. I think he was born 25 aug. 1872 and died in Aneby. Prehaps crex can tranlate the entry for him in -- http://www.genealogi.se/pdf/1911.pdf (in swedish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! I have never seen anything like it! Boy- those women look stern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rosie, you'd have to become a Photoshop expert, ugh.

    Connie, is there any possibility you could make it so we can enlarge photos again? I always love to study the clothing and I can't with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norkio..sorry sometimes I forget using live writer..I hope this is better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Etabl. i Aneby 1897, flyttad 1898. Filial: Aneby. (1899)
    Etabl. i Aneby 1897, i Tranås 1898. Inneh. Gottfrid Wahlgren, f. 25 aug. 1872. Filial i Aneby."

    This says he was born 1872, started in Aneby 1897, and moved to Tranås in 1898. "Filial" means branch, so it seems he kept a branch in Aneby.

    Tranås and Aneby are in the same part of Sweden (Småland) as "Emil of Lönneberga" (A. Lindgren) comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,oh,oh! I will love checking out your blog. Thanks to Kathy from Just Stuff From a Boomer I found you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie