Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Photo Number 1176

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Park Rapids Minnesota.

Hat and Muff photo winter PR Antiques

This photo of a lady with a hat and a muff  must have been taken in the late 1910’s or early 1920’s.  The skirt length is still long.  This photo looks a bit strange..she has her hands in a muff and the fur trim of her coat is hanging down. Very elegant!

I have several muffs in the museum.  The little girls that visited the museum were always intrigued.  I decided I needed one for a hands on display and asked our members to find one.  Later that week I found a plastic bag stuffed in the back of a cabinet..filled with wool socks and you guessed it.. a fur muff.   So now all the school kids can try out the muff.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. I'm always in search of an antique muff. I want a little girl size though. Not easy to find apparently so my search continues.
    Lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was given a seal skin muff. The inside is lined with silk and it is so luxurious but we are afraid to touch it, it's so old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look elegant...and elongated. Don't know if it is on account of the fur trim accentuating her shoulders, or the length of her skirt, but she looks so slender and tall! Oh, and the muff! Luxurious warmth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a white fur coat and muff! I think it was probably rabbit. Boy, did I feel dressed up. (1930's)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie