Saturday, December 20, 2014

Photo Number 1776

This is a Real Photo Postcard that I purchased from Larry’s Garage sale near Grand Rapids Minnesota.
I saw the date and had to purchase it.
Wedding December 20
A lovely young couple…it looks like they are on their way someplace. A honeymoon trip??
Wedding December 20 back Garage Sales Grand Rapids
Married December 20, 1912  At Home
To Effie Sherwood
From Will + Maud Frederickson
Winterset, Ia  R1
I hope they were married a good long time.
My husband and I were also married on December 20…57 years later.
Thanks for stopping by.

Update from Iggy:
William Frederickson (b. May 1889 d. 1972 ) and his wife, Maude Ellen Nelson Frederickson (b. 1889 d. 1973)  appear to have been married for 60 years. They are buried in Winterset City Cemetery, Winterset, Madison County, Iowa.

Their only child, son, Roderic William Frederickson (b. May 17, 1916 d. Oct. 3, 2010) is buried in Mount Airy, Carroll County, Maryland (Baltimore).


This photo went Full Circle 103 on December 29 2014.

11 comments:

  1. William Frederickson (b. May 1889 d. 1972 : Find A Grave Memorial# 12654522) and his wife, Maude Ellen Nelson Frederickson (b. 1889 d. 1973 : Find A Grave Memorial# 12654521) appear to have been married for 60 years. They are buried in Winterset City Cemetery, Winterset, Madison County, Iowa.

    Their only child, son, Roderic William Frederickson (b. May 17, 1916 d. Oct. 3, 2010 : Find A Grave Memorial# 94421667) is buried in Mount Airy, Carroll County, Maryland (Baltimore).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The son's obituary is here:

      http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/carrollcountytimes/obituary.aspx?pid=145822641

      Delete
    2. Bonus: A memorial slideshow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSHbVCSsiA - shows Roderic with his parents.

      Delete
    3. Perhaps we can find the grandson who lives in Woodbine ?

      Delete
    4. They were married 60 years wow! Thanks Iggy:)

      Delete
    5. I found an address for the grandson in Woodbine MD. I will mail off a copy of the blog to see if they want the photo or not.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic photograph. Oh, I do hope this turns into a Full Circle. That's the kind of photograph someone in the family would love to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard from Sally in Virginia this morning by email. I am mailing off the photo to Sally today. Will and Maud are her grandparents and she is the family genealogist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for tracking down this photo of my grandparents! This picture was taken on their wedding day. Will was a farmer in Winterset, Iowa and my grandparents lived there until the early 1960s. They moved in with our family in Maryland and were married 60 wonderful years. Thank you so much for tracking down my brother. My siblings are all getting together after Christmas and I can't wait to show them this picture. I guess I guess I now need to see if I can figure out who Effie Sherwood is. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Larry Frederickson from Woodbine, Maryland.
    Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You, Larry Frederickson

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie