Sunday, November 6, 2011

Photo Number 705

This is the continuation of WWII era photos.  These are all taken in the United States.

A Soldier returns home to family.  There are many photos with different people..I chose this one because it shows a rural area.

ML Photos Family  with soldier 

The Soldier has a gal.

Soldier and his gal

Soldier and his gal two

The photos were developed on Velox paper.  None of them are marked with a name or a date.

I think this Soldier may be the same soldier that we have seen several times..the one named “Gene”. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this could be "Gene" - there is a strong resemblance.

    Looking at the uniform - I can see why its hard to tell which branch of the military he is/was in.

    The white belt is a clue... I'll have to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white belt was definitely part of a Navy uniform. The US Marines also wore them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by, and yes it is addicting, but I think this hobby takes up far less space then others. :) Thank you for adding me to your blogroll! Hope to read more of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Velox paper was used in the 40s and the 50s. I looked that up recently when I had some military photos of my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! I don't do awards, award me a comment! English only please! This is a word verification free blog. I can no longer accept anonymous comments.
Connie