Sunday, November 6, 2011

Photo Number 705

This is the continuation of WWII era photos.  These are all taken in the United States.
A Soldier returns home to family.  There are many photos with different people..I chose this one because it shows a rural area.
ML Photos Family  with soldier
The Soldier has a gal.
Soldier and his gal
Soldier and his gal two
The photos were developed on Velox paper.  None of them are marked with a name or a date.
I think this Soldier may be the same soldier that we have seen several times..the one named “Gene”. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

This photo went Full Circle 131 on November 12 2015.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, this could be "Gene" - there is a strong resemblance.

    Looking at the uniform - I can see why its hard to tell which branch of the military he is/was in.

    The white belt is a clue... I'll have to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white belt was definitely part of a Navy uniform. The US Marines also wore them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by, and yes it is addicting, but I think this hobby takes up far less space then others. :) Thank you for adding me to your blogroll! Hope to read more of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Velox paper was used in the 40s and the 50s. I looked that up recently when I had some military photos of my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo and others were mailed today, October 15 2015 to Allen in Minneapolis MN a relative of Eugene Lilienthal

    The photos are of Eugene Wallace Lilienthal and Emeline Moline Lilienthal they were married April 15, 1944

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie