Thursday, October 11, 2012

Photo Number 1018

This is a photo from the antique shop in Brainerd Minnesota.
Gloria Foley Brainerd Antiques
Look at those curls!  I could not resist this photo and I hope it finds a its way home.
Gloria Foley Brainerd Antiques back
Gloria Foley
I will guess that this is a photo from the 1930’s.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

Update from Iggy:
There are a lot of Gloria Foley's - but I believe this one might be the daughter of Palmer A. and Borghild Foley of De Lamere, Hall Township, Sargent, North Dakota, born in 1934.


From what I can tell, Gloria attended the nearby Valley City State University, graduating in 1954.

She taught in a school in Minot, ND for at least a short while. She married an Edward Mortenson of Malta, Montana on August 19, 1965.


According to the college paper - she attended a reunion in 2004. As far as I can tell, Gloria lives in Malta, Montana today.


10 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I'll check back to see if your friends can locate some info about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. Hope this makes a Full Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She, for some reason reminds me of a cast member of "The Little Rascals".

    There are a lot of Gloria Foley's - but I believe this one might be the daughter of Palmer A. and Borghild Foley of De Lamere, Hall Township, Sargent, North Dakota, born in 1934.

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KM9P-GQF

    From what I can tell, Gloria attended the nearby Valley City State University, graduating in 1954.

    http://alumni.vcsu.edu/cmsfiles/32/august20_xhdu26.pdf (page 5, under "homecoming 2004)

    She taught in a school in Minot, ND for at least a short while. She married an Edward Mortenson of Malta, Montana on August 19, 1965.

    http://pcn.stparchive.com/Archive/PCN/PCN08182004P02.php (Newsfiles - Mary Ann Dooner)

    According to the college paper - she attended a reunion in 2004. As far as I can tell, Gloria lives in Malta, Montana today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An obit for Gloria's brother John.

    http://www.inforum.com/event/obituary/id/308701/ indicates Gloria was still with us in February 12, 2011 - and this may be the source of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have located an address for Gloria. I will send a copy of the blog and see what happens:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mailed a copy of the blog to Gloria in Malta Montana this morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to say, this is definitely Gloria, daughter of Borghild Engerholm and Palmer Foley of Hall Township, Sargent County, ND.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie