Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Photo Number 1888

This is a Cabinet Card from Craig’s Collection.
Mrs CF Avery Craigs
The photographer is Nussbaumer at 512 Main Street Buffalo
Notice this photo was called Ivoryette.  This is the first time I have seen the very white backgrounds called anything.
This gal is showing lots of neck area for a photo from around 1885-1895.
Mrs CF Avery Craigs back
Mrs. C. H. Avery  Buffalo N.Y.
Thanks for stopping by.
Update from Iggy:
I think this is Phoebe A Avery (1855 - 1918)
Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie County, New York

4 comments:

  1. There are two Charles H Avery's in Buffalo in 1900. One was a lawyer, the other operated a Scale Manufacturing plant.

    I think this is Phoebe A Avery (1855 - 1918)
    Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie County, New York
    Plot: Section 10 1/2
    Find A Grave Memorial# 131583077

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the two Charles H. Averys were related???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding "Ivoryette" - I was looking at some of my old photos last night and noticed "Ivoryettes 1893" on a photo of my great-grandmother. The photographer was Dana of Pittsburgh, PA. Because you had commented on the term here, it jumped out at me. Don't know if that helps date this photo, but I thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, Good to hear someone else has seen Ivoryette on another photo and could date the term! :)

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie