Thursday, October 11, 2012

Photo Number 1018

This is a photo from the antique shop in Brainerd Minnesota.
Gloria Foley Brainerd Antiques
Look at those curls!  I could not resist this photo and I hope it finds a its way home.
Gloria Foley Brainerd Antiques back
Gloria Foley
I will guess that this is a photo from the 1930’s.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

Update from Iggy:
There are a lot of Gloria Foley's - but I believe this one might be the daughter of Palmer A. and Borghild Foley of De Lamere, Hall Township, Sargent, North Dakota, born in 1934.


From what I can tell, Gloria attended the nearby Valley City State University, graduating in 1954.

She taught in a school in Minot, ND for at least a short while. She married an Edward Mortenson of Malta, Montana on August 19, 1965.


According to the college paper - she attended a reunion in 2004. As far as I can tell, Gloria lives in Malta, Montana today.


7 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I'll check back to see if your friends can locate some info about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. Hope this makes a Full Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She, for some reason reminds me of a cast member of "The Little Rascals".

    There are a lot of Gloria Foley's - but I believe this one might be the daughter of Palmer A. and Borghild Foley of De Lamere, Hall Township, Sargent, North Dakota, born in 1934.

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KM9P-GQF

    From what I can tell, Gloria attended the nearby Valley City State University, graduating in 1954.

    http://alumni.vcsu.edu/cmsfiles/32/august20_xhdu26.pdf (page 5, under "homecoming 2004)

    She taught in a school in Minot, ND for at least a short while. She married an Edward Mortenson of Malta, Montana on August 19, 1965.

    http://pcn.stparchive.com/Archive/PCN/PCN08182004P02.php (Newsfiles - Mary Ann Dooner)

    According to the college paper - she attended a reunion in 2004. As far as I can tell, Gloria lives in Malta, Montana today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An obit for Gloria's brother John.

    http://www.inforum.com/event/obituary/id/308701/ indicates Gloria was still with us in February 12, 2011 - and this may be the source of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have located an address for Gloria. I will send a copy of the blog and see what happens:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mailed a copy of the blog to Gloria in Malta Montana this morning:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! I don't do awards, award me a comment! English only please! This is a word verification free blog. I can no longer accept anonymous comments.
Connie