Sunday, December 9, 2012

Photo Number 1071

This is a photo from the antique shop in Brainerd Minnesota.
Wanda Nordstrom Rothhouse Brainerd Antiques
The photo was taken at Anderson’s Studio Milnor N.D.
Wanda Nordstrom Rothhouse Brainerd Antiques back
Wanda Nordstrom Rothhouse
This is a smaller photo it measures 2 inches by 4 inches.
The little girl wears a dark colored dress which looks like velvet to me and a huge bow in her hair, she is posed in front of a country scene.  I will guess that this photo was taken about 1916 to 1920.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)
Info from Iggy:
Wanda Rothhouse nee Nordstrom (b: 17 May 1912 d: Jul 1985 in Milnor, Sargent, North Dakota) was the daughter of Carl Wilhelm and Gonetha Nordstrom. Wanda married Harlan E. Rothhouse (b: 12 Jun 1908 d: 30 Dec 1993).

They had (at least) three children, Ronald Bruce (b. Nov. 26, 1932 d: Oct. 6, 2005 in Cass County, North Dakota), Carol J., and Harlean Y. by the time of the 1940 US Census.

10 comments:

  1. Little Miss Wanda had rather a mischievous look on her face. Her pretty bow probably coordinated well with her dress, which for no particular reason I am imagining as dark blue velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda Rothhouse nee Nordstrom (b: 17 May 1912 d: Jul 1985 in Milnor, Sargent, North Dakota) was the daughter of Carl Wilhelm and Gonetha Nordstrom. Wanda married Harlan E. Rothhouse (b: 12 Jun 1908 d: 30 Dec 1993).

    They had (at least) three children, Ronald Bruce (b. Nov. 26, 1932 d: Oct. 6, 2005 in Cass County, North Dakota), Carol J., and Harlean Y. by the time of the 1940 US Census.

    Halean married a Mr. Houge and worked as a police radio dispatcher in McCleod, ND.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The large bows like the one Miss Wanda is wearing were awkward to wear but, generally, were only intended for short-term use on dress-up occasions. Like a woman's real-flower corsage, such a large and heavily-starched bow was not expected to last for many hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bow is definitely a piece of work!

    Glad the name was recorded so clearly. I see Iggy has already found all the answers. Hooray! Now, here's hoping a long-lost family member will be reunited with this sweet portrait. What an unexpected little Christmas gift that would make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning when I checked the blog, I was at a scrapbook retreat. I asked the gal next to me who I knew was from North Dakota if she knew where McLeod was..she said "I live there." She knows the Houges and will let them know about the photograph. So hopefully they will contact me with their address and I can mail the photo off this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a neat and fortunate coincidence that is!

      Delete
  6. This is a picture of my Mother. I have never seen this photo before. the information iggy found is right. Would love to have this photo, how do I go about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will find my email on the left side of the blog..click on the yellow flower and that will lead you to my email. I will be happy to mail you the photo;)

      Delete
  7. This photo is being mailed to Gail and Hap in North Dakota:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie