Sunday, August 19, 2012

Photo Number 969

This is a photo from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Farmer relaxing indoors DL Antiques

No doubt this is a farmer who came inside to rest a bit in his favorite chair.  Note the drying rack in the background.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)


  1. I also love the curtains and the doily on the back of the chair.

  2. It is winter and we also dried our clothes on racks in the house. I had forgotten that until I saw the photo. I think I remember mom stringing binding twine the length of the living room to dry clothes because it was too cold to be outside. Great photo that tells a lot about the times.

  3. Many many years ago I was watching a Russian film on tv with my mother. During a scene of elderly women with their scarves on their heads and dark sweaters over their flowered dresses, my mother suddenly stood up and said, "That reminds me, I forgot to give you one of your Christmas presents." I wondered what sort of a gift it might be that made her think of it when she saw these women. Turned out to be a drying rack in a box, assembly required. I still use it to this day, though she never did explain what the old woman had to do with anything. I'm now an old woman with a drying rack.

  4. I wonder if the "lady of the house" fretted about his "dirty" clothes being on the chair... and if she had it slipcovered someday...



Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! I don't do awards, award me a comment! English only please! This is a word verification free blog. I can no longer accept anonymous comments.