Sunday, May 29, 2011

Photo Number 548

This is the last graduation photo that I have.  This one was in my original box of photos from the Antique Store in Park Rapids, Minnesota.
les Hemmerich 1966 Pr Antiques I think I saved the best for last!  This is a 1966 photo of a young man by the name of Les Hemmerich. What a handsome guy!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update: I heard from Les on March 13, 2012


Dear Connie,
I got quite a surprise this evening during a rare moment on the internet trying to make an attempt at keeping up with information overload. Someone named Natalia had sent me a message on Facebook in 2011 saying that she had seen my picture apparently on your blog, and sent me the link to photo # 548! In fact it is my senior picture from 1966. I was born in Hibbing in 1948, but family was and still is from Park Rapids and Arago area. I have two sisters as well as cousins in the area, at present. My son and I come to Lake Itasca to participate in the Lake Itasca Region Pioneer Farmers show days the third weekend in August every year. We are members of the club, along with my cousins and their children and grandchildren. How that picture showed up in an 'antique' shop sure baffles me! I'll try to look at some more of your photo's in the future as time permits. Thank you. Les            Class of '66

6 comments:

  1. I found Les on Facebook and sent him a message. I did a little research on the Hemmerich family. The 1920 census has them living in Arago Township. Arago & Clover Townships are just south of Itasca park, and the region where my grandfather's aunt and cousins lived their lives. The population was meager up there back then as as there were only six census pages for the two townships, mostly filled with my relatives and their in-laws:-) The area was mostly farming & logging. The Hemmerich family is listed as farmers, but has a logging memorial at the Itasca Pioneer Farmers grounds. It appears that Les's father was born in Mn & ended up in Indiana. I hope he contacts you! ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a bit of a sultry teen star look going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he does, must be a good story to this.
    From The Smith's Bennie and Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I found one on Facebook and messaged him too, before seeing that someone else already had. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Les wants his picture!

    :) I don't think I would want my graduation picture.

    -Iggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard from Les this morning, I will add what he wrote to the post:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie