Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Photo Number 1050

This is another photo in a fancy folder from the antique shop in Brainerd Minnesota.

persian Room San Francisco Brainerd Antiques

This photo was taken on May 6, 1945.  A day later than the previous photo.  The Army Air Corps fellow is in both photos.  I am not sure what branch of service the young lady is in.  Perhaps one of my readers will know.

persian Room San Francisco Brainerd Antiques back

persian Room San Francisco Brainerd Antiques front

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

7 comments:

  1. Interesting to see all the details...their clothing, the "wall paper", booth material, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at old photos. I have a number of 19th century tin types, carte-de-visite, cabinet cards and more I've posted on-line. I only wish I would identify the people in them.

    Regards, Jim
    Hidden Genealogy Nuggets

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a Marine Corps logo on the lady's cap. A globe with an anchor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if this were the same man as yesterday's photo. The hotel website mentions that this was a popular gathering place for those about to be heading out of San Francisco for their war duties...a last night on the town before ???????

    Wonder how many of these made their way back home after the war was over :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what is in the small glass? A cocktail? Why is it on a plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like a cocktail to me..he has one in yesterdays photo also..but not on a plate:)

      Delete
  6. I sent the Hotel the link to the photos..Thanks Jacqi!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie