Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photo Number 264

Three girls..sisters maybe...the back of the photo is marked Amanda Isaacson.  I contacted the Historical Society in Wadena County, they were very helpful.  J Tessman was in business there from 1899 to 1909. Another fellow ran the photo studio for a year and then went out of business completely in 1910.

I am not sure if one of these girls is Amanda or not.  The gal on the right seems to be the oldest.  This photo could have been taken just before she was married.    The historical society gave me this info:  Amanda N. Niska married Charles S. Isaacson on January 17 1900 in Menahga Minnesota by H J Haarala.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. Those girls are so very pretty; especially the youngest. They seem to all have the same slender nose. If they were sisters, their parents must have been so proud of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could swear I've seen this before... Am I losing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no one other than me is losing it..Iggy you are correct it is also photo 201..I usually move them to a different file folder..obviously I missed this one. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind. :) I'm slowly working my way back through the pictures since I'm a johnny-come-lately so I got a sneak preview of three lovely lasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me a giggle! The forgotten photo was forgotten!

    Cute girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie