Monday, July 19, 2010

Photo Number 256


It is a party!  What I wouldn't give for a pair of those saddle shoes!  This must be the 1950's.  Look at the different kinds of chairs, way off to the right I can see the leg of a Duncan Phyfe chair...it has a familiar curve to it's legs.

Talking about a party, there is cause to celebrate..Norkio a regular commenter has finally succumbed to Old Photoitis.  She has started an Old Photo Blog , she calls hers Who Were They?  I am sure you will want to visit her!
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)


5 comments:

  1. She has caught the old photo bug. It is one big party they are having there. I like seeing chairs but that is a broad variety. I have a set of chairs, art deco style that my parents had and I can't part with them, but they are ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the different chairs! :) Its always nice having a party when you have more guests than matching seats.

    And good for Norkio! The more old pictures the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man! I always wanted to go to one of those parties and wear a hat. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our wedding reception was held in a historic building that is now a restaurant. All the chairs were mismatched and I loved the charm of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had saddle shoes like that! This could have been a birthday party at our house in the early 60's. I swear we have a pic like this. Different faces, but same theme.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie