Saturday, July 17, 2010

Photo Number 254

A lady relaxing at the beach..this is probably a photo from the late 1940's or early 1950's.  There is a Schlitz Beer sign in the background, suppose she had too much beer..probably not.  Our beaches here in Minnesota have never looked like this..it must be a beach out east on the Atlantic..or I suppose it could be the west coast beach on the Pacific..but it just doesn't say California to me.   New Jersey maybe?? Perhaps my readers have some input!
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update: Iggy found a viewmaster slide of Atlantic City..the signs in the background are very similar in 1957.  Thanks Iggy! 

7 comments:

  1. It's funny that the chaise lounges have cushions on them. I notice that her toe nails look painted dark red and looks like she is wearing old fashioned ear "bob" as grandma used to call them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That surely looks like An east coast beach to me. We never had those nice wooden paths in Cali that I'm aware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so awesome. I bet someone out there knows where it is located. I like the furniture and the attitude of rest. Rest would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wooden paths (boardwalks) are common enough on the New Jersey shore.

    But... get a load of this viewmaster (remember those? this one dated 1957)
    http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/atlantic-city_1957.jpg taken in Atlantic City - see the Schlitz sign (and more importantly the sign next to it - and the boards out on the beach...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing find Intense Guy Thanks! I do concur with you it is Atlantic City! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy the sleuthing as well as the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great composition. The way it is set up gives the viewer a great feeling of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie