Friday, July 16, 2010

Photo Number 253

Sincerely Betty.  She must have graduated in the class of 1943.  I wondered from where??  Possibly from Hibbing , Minnesota as a photographer by the name of Campbell had a studio there in 1942 and 1943.  I searched for a class list from 1943 ..I couldn't find any.  This photo is in a lovely art deco type folder. She is a beautiful young lady.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

November  22, 2010 Update: Iggy found a photo of a lady named Betty who could be "our" Betty.  I have sent her son Douglas a copy of this blog post and a letter..we will see what develops..Thanks Iggy:)


Update September 22, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
This is Elizabeth Marie(Betty) Dreis. She is class of 1943 Hibbing High School. You have her sister Fran's graduation picture class of 1950 on this site to. I identified her but don't see my comment on it.


Frances Agnes Dreis is Photo Number 546.

8 comments:

  1. She is indeed charming. And a typical Betty of her era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes her name and hairstyle are indicative of that era. She's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a job for Classmates.com!

    :)

    She quite a looker.

    For Hibbing Hish School - I searched for Betty and Elizabeth...

    Bubley Betty 31-36
    Mannes Betty 43-47
    Steffen Betty 37-41

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Elizabeth Marie(Betty) Dreis. She is class of 1943 Hibbing High School. You have her sister Fran's graduation picture class of 1950 on this site to. I identified her but don't see my comment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anonymous!! I appreciate the info! I will see what I can come up with now.
    If you can tell me what number photo her sister Fran was in that would help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frances Agnes Dreis is photo # 546. I have married names and childrens names for both girls. They both lived in the Minneapolis, MN area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! If you could email me their addresses I will contact them. My email is off to the left in my profile:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca sent me Elizabeth's sons Bruce's address in Duluth, I will mail off a copy of this blog tomorrow Oct 10, 2011

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie