Friday, July 16, 2010

Photo Number 253

Sincerely Betty.  She must have graduated in the class of 1943.  I wondered from where??  Possibly from Hibbing , Minnesota as a photographer by the name of Campbell had a studio there in 1942 and 1943.  I searched for a class list from 1943 ..I couldn't find any.  This photo is in a lovely art deco type folder. She is a beautiful young lady.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

November  22, 2010 Update: Iggy found a photo of a lady named Betty who could be "our" Betty.  I have sent her son Douglas a copy of this blog post and a letter..we will see what develops..Thanks Iggy:)


Update September 22, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
This is Elizabeth Marie(Betty) Dreis. She is class of 1943 Hibbing High School. You have her sister Fran's graduation picture class of 1950 on this site to. I identified her but don't see my comment on it.


Frances Agnes Dreis is Photo Number 546.

8 comments:

  1. She is indeed charming. And a typical Betty of her era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes her name and hairstyle are indicative of that era. She's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a job for Classmates.com!

    :)

    She quite a looker.

    For Hibbing Hish School - I searched for Betty and Elizabeth...

    Bubley Betty 31-36
    Mannes Betty 43-47
    Steffen Betty 37-41

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Elizabeth Marie(Betty) Dreis. She is class of 1943 Hibbing High School. You have her sister Fran's graduation picture class of 1950 on this site to. I identified her but don't see my comment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anonymous!! I appreciate the info! I will see what I can come up with now.
    If you can tell me what number photo her sister Fran was in that would help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frances Agnes Dreis is photo # 546. I have married names and childrens names for both girls. They both lived in the Minneapolis, MN area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! If you could email me their addresses I will contact them. My email is off to the left in my profile:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca sent me Elizabeth's sons Bruce's address in Duluth, I will mail off a copy of this blog tomorrow Oct 10, 2011

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! I don't do awards, award me a comment! English only please! This is a word verification free blog. I can no longer accept anonymous comments.
Connie