Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Photo Number 245

 I purchased this photo yesterday in an Antique Shop in Park Rapids, Minnesota.  It was a cute baby..and it was fifty cents..I was sold.  Last night while scanning the photos..I always check for anything written on the back of the photo..from behind the photo this note came fluttering out.  I was so excited, I was hoping for more..but this is what I got.  Well it was better than no note..
So my photo got a name..Marie and her Mothers name is Aeta or Alta..Aeta I think.  The photo was taken by  C Raven of Wadena  Minnesota sometime between 1912 and 1922.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from Iggy:
Alta M Livingston Aurzada (July 23, 1882 in Floyd County, Iowa - Oct. 17, 1973 in Wadena County, Minnesota) was the wife of John Peter Aurzada (1880 - 1925) and the mother of Marie Alice Aurzada Sinkler (Sep. 30, 1919 - 1998).

Find A Grave Memorial# 73428708

Marie is Find A Grave Memorial# 73428842


This photo went Full Circle 100 on December 22, 2014

8 comments:

  1. What a precious photo and what about that note fluttering out after all this time.

    Connie, I fwd. you an email from Amy just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think the name is Alta. I've looked for Aeta and really can't find it as a woman's name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky to find a little note like this. And very lucky that it hadn't acid burned the photo. A keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother used to refer to her sisters as "Sister." I wonder if it's a lost form of familiar address. My sister and I do it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a special one with the note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is like looking into a little secret history -- I vote for Alta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ha! I had to look at about 60 possibles - but this looks like the "right one" to me.

    Alta M Livingston Aurzada (July 23, 1882 in Floyd County, Iowa - Oct. 17, 1973 in Wadena County, Minnesota) was the wife of John Peter Aurzada (1880 - 1925) and the mother of Marie Alice Aurzada Sinkler (Sep. 30, 1919 - 1998).

    Find A Grave Memorial# 73428708

    Marie is Find A Grave Memorial# 73428842

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Connie-
    My husband and I came across this photo and letter researching our family histories. It turns out that the photo is my husband's grandmother and the letter is from his great-grandmother. We were wondering if you were willing to help return them to the family? I can be reached at missysinkler29@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Sincerely,
    The Sinkler's

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie