Friday, July 9, 2010

Photo Number 247

I was quite taken with this photo.  This woman seems so confident.  I would loved to have seen the rest of her clothing.  The blouse is very shiny and embroidered with a sparkly thread..the jacket seems to be a work of art.  What in the world do you suppose this woman did..she is not your normal run of the mill housewife or teacher..was she an entertainer..or a saloon gal..or a circus performer?   Do you have any ideas?
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

5 comments:

  1. That is quite an outfit and you are right, she has an unpeturbable attitude about her.

    I saw Annie Oakley wearing something like this - somewhere... So I would think "entertainer" of a western variety myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only think of Porter Waggoner when I see the sparkly outfit! She has beautiful features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like money in the family as she is willing to wear all that flash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to remember what that thing around the neck is called. My great grandmother had one on in every photo I've seen of her (she died young)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to post this weekend but had a terrible internet connection for some reason. I would say that this lady is the wife of someone wealthy - banker, lawyer, merchant, etc. She wouldn't "do" anything except host parties, run the household and raise any children they may have. The life of leisure.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie