Sunday, September 25, 2011

Photo Number 665

This is a Cabinet Card from the Antique Shop in Dorset, the one I call shop number three.

Guy with moustache Dorset

I think this man wore a hat most of the time either that or he had a new barber.  He has a moustache that looks like a handlebar and beard that is in the linear goatee style ( I made the linear part up).

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update:  Going through my files I discovered that this gentleman has a name!

Guy with Moustache  two  Dorset

 

Guy with Moustache  two  Dorset

Rudolph Anderson Sulley??

9 comments:

  1. Looks like he invested a lot of time to the hair on his face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an expression too - not sure what it says! those heavy jackets the men wore back then look awefully warm - which I guess they needed a good part of the year - but I hope its not a fashion that ever returns - and cannot image it ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the job of an expert barber, using a straight razor and precise scissors-work. What dignified outcome! Certainly worth the picture collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a nice photo and example of facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't make out what the name is.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to figure out who this man was - and found the photographer was Joshua Smith and he was at the 206 N. Clark address from 1876-86.

    But I had no luck with the name. I think it might be Seiler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could it be Dulles? Suller? Seller? Selles?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie