Thursday, January 26, 2012

Photo Number 777

This is a photo from the third Antique Shop in Dorset Minnesota.
Agnes and Stephen Brown  Dorset Antiques 3
The photographer was R. H. Stewart of Watkins Minnesota.  He was in business in Watkins for only one year 1902. ( He must have been in business in 1905 to take a photo of a little boy born in 1904.)
Agnes and Stephen Brown Dorset Antiques3
Agnes Brown Age 26 years Baby brown age 16 months
This is Stephen with me.

The blouse that Agnes is wearing has dark lace on the cuffs, down the sleeves and down the front, and is accented by a dark tie. She appears to be wearing a skirt and a blouse.  Baby Stephen is wearing a dress..very proper for a baby boy in 1902 (1905)

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update:  Info Iggy found
1900 Census. 
Agnes Brown is found  with her husband David and sons George born in 1897 and James born in 1900.  They are all living with her parents  George and Lavinia Mc Kenzie in Kingston Township Meeker County Minnesota. 

Update from Abra:
I have found the family in the 1910 & 1920 in Maine Prairie Township, which is part of Stearns County, but on the edge of Meeker County. The township surrounds the city of Kimball, which is just north of Kingston and just east of Watkins (which are both in Meeker County. Stephen's mother is actually Sarah Agnes, which once figured out, made this a bit easier. He also had at least 10 siblings. Stephen was born in 1904 and died in 1991 in Mille Lacs County. I did find a Steve Brown, age 26 (correct age), living with wife Ella, in St Paul in 1930. I did a little more digging and found Ella Brown's obituary on ancestry.com. It ties her to St. Paul, Kimball, and Dorset. My guess is this photo could have somehow come from her estate. She died in 2005.


This photo went Full Circle 47 on February 13, 2012.

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be her. If so, I've not tracked down Stephen.

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M93M-HH3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks iggy..I will enter the info that you found:)

      Delete
  3. I have found the family in the 1910 & 1920 in Maine Prairie Township, which is part of Stearns County, but on the edge of Meeker County. The township surrounds the city of Kimball, which is just north of Kingston and just east of Watkins (which are both in Meeker County. Stephen's mother is actually Sarah Agnes, which once figured out, made this a bit easier. He also had at least 10 siblings. Stephen was born in 1904 and died in 1991 in Mille Lacs County. I did find a Steve Brown, age 26 (correct age), living with wife Ella, in St Paul in 1930. I did a little more digging and found Ella Brown's obituary on ancestry.com. It ties her to St. Paul, Kimball, and Dorset. My guess is this photo could have somehow come from her estate. She died in 2005. I will send you the text of the obituary. We can certainly use it to search for family and there are a couple family trees, but I think in this case, we'd get it to closer family by searching the names in the obit. ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute baby and pretty Mom. She had more than 10 children? OMG! I bet she was tired...poor woman. I think if I had to live in the days before birth control I would have stayed single! LOL! And now a days there are women out there taking fertility drugs...it seems us humans are never satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a note to add(a little more trivia): the photographer must have been in business more than 1902, as Stephen wasn't born until 1904. However, in the 1900 census he is listed as an artist, and in 1910 & 1920, he is listed as mail carrier. Perhaps he only had a shop for a year and then did business on the side. Of course, that is anyone's guess. I couldn't find him in the state/territorial censuses (which are odd years: 1895, 1905, 1915). 1905 might have given an indication when he switched careers. ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sending a snail mail inquiry and a copy of this post to Ronald in Isle Minnesota to see if he is related. Thanks Abra for the address:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This perked my interest when I saw the Brown name. I will have archive this and eventually see if I can make connections to the husband's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this photo will be on it's way to Agnes's Grandson and Stephen's Son Ronald on Monday Feb 06 2012:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie