Thursday, June 24, 2010

Photo Number 232

Poker players, well maybe just card players.  This is a real photo postcard, made by Kruxo and the photographer was Wm. Hartvig of Hallock, Minnesota.  From this information I can safely say that this photo was taken sometime between 1907 and 1910.
Do you notice anything strange about the photo?

I enlarged it and went in to repair the fold on the right side. Then I stopped..there is a different wire chair leg transposed over the wooden one..it must have been some sort of double exposure.  I decided to leave it.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. That is rather odd. I don't know how long it took to get an exposure back then, I half thought maybe the man on the front right was the camera man and he hustled to get into the shot while the exposure was taken. The chair leg would have been the chair "behind" the one he slid up on.

    But I don't think that is that likely. The other gents are not blurry in the least. I wonder if the print has gotten damaged by another print laying "face down" on it.

    Even with the fold, it is a charming picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's a very charming photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mans high heal shoes.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the same leg as the chair on the left. I love how the fellow with the bowler has his hat cocked up from his head a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie