Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Photo Number 231

This is a great photo, my Dad says the car is a 1929 Chevy.  So this photo could have been taken in 1929 or the early 1930's.  Two of the men are wearing flowers on their lapels.  There is writing on the back.
The names that appear are Verna,  Bill Kasel, Charlet Faber and Frank Jelineh??  Perhaps someone searching for a relative will happen upon this photo..I do hope that someone can translate it. I think it is Czech.  It is written in a foreign language and in English.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update from Iggy on November 25, 2010 
 I think Frank Jelinek (b. 02-Nov-1888 d. Jun-1975 in Saint Paul, Ramsey, MN) the most likely one. I think Bill Kasel was William Kasel of McLeod, Minnesota born around 1894.

The relationship between these people is too garbled to me to make out "who is whom". I found a Frank C. Faber of Perham, Otter Tail, Minnesota, born in 1900. which would make him about the same age as the other gentlemen.

9 comments:

  1. What an interesting pic and I love that car. My mom was born in 1929.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photograph - there is so much life in there. Such a contrast from the static photographs of the Victorian and Edwardian eras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try entering some of the writing into

    http://translate.google.com/

    and let it detect which language.

    It told me "a toje jeho" means "in his", so I guess the last line is "and my brother-in-law in his car".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the Google translator and came up with the following:

    1st line: ????
    2nd then it's Bill Kasel
    3rd then it's his wife
    4th ? cousin Bill Kasel
    5th then it's this girl
    6th Charlet Faber and the
    7th next is a friend of Charlet
    8th then Frank (?) Jelineh (?)
    9th my brother in law
    10th on his car

    I'm not up on my Slavik/Polish, which are the two languages the translator detected most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, potom =then..so I am way off base with Vernas last name:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took some more time to study this, and as far as I can guess the child is Charlet Faber? Bill and his wife may be Verna at the far left, then Bill?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karmyn's mother in law speaks Czech

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have an answer to the Jelineh? The name is Frank Jelinek which is a common Czech name. Furthermore, there were a number of them in Minnesota.

    I think Frank Jelinek (b. 02-Nov-1888 d. Jun-1975 in Saint Paul, Ramsey, MN) the most likely one. I think Bill Kasel was William Kasel of McLeod, Minnesota born around 1894.

    The relationship between these people is too garbled to me to make out "who is whom". I found a Frank C. Faber of Perham, Otter Tail, Minnesota, born in 1900. which would make him about the same age as the other gentlemen.

    Perhaps the third wife (if there is one) is taking the picture. I believe Perham would be sort of near where you got the picture from (LaPorte?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Iggy, Yes I got this photo at Laporte. However Dave goes to sales all over...so anything is possible. Perham is about 40 miles south of me, and Laporte about 40 miles north and east of me:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie