Thursday, June 17, 2010

Photo Number 225

This is a wedding photo that was probably taken in the late 1940's.  It was taken by Otto Hokkanen of Cyko Art Studio in Ely, Minnesota.  Last year I had another Cyko Art Studio Photo, Photo Number 24.  The Minnesota Historical Society listed this studio as being open in the 1920's, that just did not fit the photo or the clothing.  I recently heard from Otto's Grandson Brian, he confirmed that his Grandfather was in business through the 1940's and retired in 1950.  It is always nice to hear from people concerning these photos!

I enjoy all old wedding photos and this one is no exception...I was never a flowergirl..but this dress would have been just perfect.  I wonder what color the Bridesmaids dresses were..no doubt pink..

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

Update April 12, 2012 From Adam
My mother is the young woman standing next to the bride. I recall seeing this photo when I moved my parents out of their house in 2006. I believe my mother said she was 15 or 16 when this picture was taken. That would make the year 1951 or 52.

5 comments:

  1. :) My parents, who celebrated their 53d (1957) anniversary a couple days ago - look just like these folks! Exact some clothes and fashions!

    They had a lovely little flower girl, a young cousin of my dad's and I met her a couple months ago - and her hair was all gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this photo reminds me of my parent's wedding photo too. My folks were married in 56. What a gorgeous wedding dress - no synthetic taffeta there either. Makes me wonder who made it - my mother's wedding dress was made by her mother. Notice the men simply wore a nice suit, not the dopey tuxedos all the guys seem to wear these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wedding party. I'll bet those dresses were pink too! The groom is such a slim young man. Very pretty photo Connie - thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only one guy standing up with him. Maybe he only had one brother and she had two sisters. It is a classic wedding shot. For some reason even in 63 my brother and his wife had a black and white wedding photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie