Saturday, February 20, 2010

Photo Number 114

This photo is in really bad shape, I am not going to restore this one..yet anyway..If I get really bored some day I might give it a whirl.  This photo is on a real thin piece of mounting board..the original photos I suspect were tin types..someone blended them in this copy side by side.  There are no marks or names on this photo of what I will assume is a husband and a wife. I would guess that they are wealthy as he is portly, has enough food and doesn't have to work real hard.  Norkio may be able to tell us more about the clothing that the woman is wearing.

I always appreciate reader input!  Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)
Update **
From Norkio:without seeing more of her dress, I can only guess at 1870-1880. The sleeves are set in at the shoulder which was not common prior to 1870. It features buttons down the front which was popular most of the later half of the century but combined with the high collar suggests mid 1870s to 1880s. I checked one other history reference site and although I admit I don't know much about hair, her hairstyle is similar to a late 1870s style I saw.

3 comments:

  1. Nice clothes and her hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw dang I had typed out a full reply and decided to click on the picture one last time and accidentally wiped it all out. Oy. So, as I was saying, ha ha. without seeing more of her dress, I can only guess at 1870-1880. The sleeves are set in at the shoulder which was not common prior to 1870. It features buttons down the front which was popular most of the later half of the century but combined with the high collar suggests mid 1870s to 1880s. I checked one other history reference site and although I admit I don't know much about hair, her hairstyle is similar to a late 1870s style I saw. I wish I could give you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Norkio..you are terrific! So much more info than we had! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie