Friday, January 1, 2010

Photo Number Sixty-Nine


This is Babe Harrington with her fauncy George Wells..at least that is what is says on the back of this Real Photo Postcard.  This is another AZO card..but with triangles pointing up in all four corners so we can date it 1904 to 1918.  What do you suppose that thing on her head was..a summer hat? To me she looks like she should be dressed for going to sleep.
Thank you everyone for your input throughout the past few months.  I am still enjoying these old photos I hope you are too!  Happy New Years Day to everyone!  Hopefully some of these old photos will find their proper homes in 2010!
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

8 comments:

  1. I was thinking she had on a sun bonnet, but it doesn't stick out much to shade her eyes...unless she's pulled it back to avoid a shadow on her face? They are a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like one of those puffy swim caps they wore back then, but obviously she wasn't going swimming either. I like to read people's body language and these two are smiling, but their arms are crossed and she is turned away from him. Kind of appears like they didn't want to be that close together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was that she was or had been ill and the glider was a place for her to get some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like one of the little girls on Little House on the Prairie up in the loft ready for bed!!! Love the pics - keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their body language is strange...they both have their arms crossed and they are sitting together but faceing away from each other...get the impression they were sort of forced into this picture and clearly uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a glider. His hair is very original, I am not sure what he was working towards. The bonnet gives me wonder of what nationality this would be. I know bonnets kept the face from the sun, but his one looks decorative and covers the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Fauncy" maybe her fiance? I agree on an ethnic purpose for the bonnet being a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I assume that fauncy meant a fiance too..I just wrote it as it appeared on the back of the photo. I bet it was an arranged marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie