Saturday, January 30, 2010

Photo Number Ninety-Seven

This is a real photo postcard, an Azo with four triangles pointing up so it is from 1904 to 1918. It is among the group of photos from South Dakota.   Far Guy and I had a good time looking at this photo.  They must have a cistern, water is being diverted from the down spouts, and they have a storm cellar or a root cellar.I am thinking that the little girl is an only child, or maybe a late in life tag along.  She seems to have lots of pretend playmates and I love the old doll buggy.
Thanks for stopping, do come again:)

6 comments:

  1. What an interesting picture. I love old baby dolls/bears etc. What "big" playmates she had! Always fun to see what's next - I just love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a basement door like that to our very old house at home. The basement was flagstoned about halfway up and the rest was dirt. Dirt floor too. She has a lot of friends to keep her company. I wonder if that wasn't a real child buggy and not a doll buggy. Neat, very old photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of details to examine in this one. She was a very lucky little girl to have so many playthings. In that era most children only had one doll - maybe two at most. I noticed her heavy stockings too. It looks like a summer photo so I bet those were hot to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Just look at her braids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is too cute. But I am freaked by that clown thing on the right.......

    What a great pram.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. William Muerer (photo 96) had two younger sisters - Eva (b. abt 1898) and Anna (b. abt 1900). If these were of the same set/family this little girl might be either.

    I hope to track down a living offspring of William (and/or Joseph & Josephine Muerer whom I believe was William's Uncle and Aunt (photo 95)) soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie