Thursday, January 14, 2010

Photo Number Eighty-Two




This is Harry Bailey  there is no photographers mark.  This is a South Dakota Photo..so it could have been taken in Illinois like most of the rest of them.  This photo is one one those photos that is all shiny and doesn't scan well because it refracts the light. I don't know what this particular photographic process was called..I need to do some research to find out what it was called and what years it was used.

Thanks for stopping!  Do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. I do know it's caused by silver or silver nitrate in the processing. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that you can photograph these kinds of pictures with a high quality SLR in a white box to get a good image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Norkio ! I will give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie