Saturday, April 5, 2014

Photo Number 1535

This CdV is from Craig’s Collection.  A CdV or cartes-de-visitie usually measures 2 1/2 inches by 4 inches, although some are a tad shorter at 3 3/4 inches.  None of these CDV’s have tax stamps.  Tax Stamps helped to fund the Civil War and the stamps appeared from August 1864 and August 1866. So all of these will date to sometime after 1866.

Sarah J Richards CP

Someone wrote on this one Aunt Talya

The cardstock on this CDV is very thin, the corners are square and you can see the woman’s ears, I think this may be from the late 1860’s.

Sarah J Richards  back CP

Sarah J. Richards            Lead  Cd??

Neggatived           Leetonia Ohio

Leetonia Ohio was founded in 1869

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a picture I have of my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to track this woman down - there is:

    Sarah Booth nee Richards
    Birth 10 Aug 1826 in Elk Run Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
    Death 30 April 1888 in Achor, Ohio : Find A Grave Memorial# 55215630

    But I'm sold on it -

    ReplyDelete
  3. my maiden name is Richards....Sarah J. Richards I found in records of last will in 1879 in Wayne County having been married to James A. Richards with two daughters. maybe?? I will keep researching.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie