Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Full Circle 84

This photo went Full Circle after Iggy found an old obituary listing relatives.  I contacted Linda by email and sent the CdV’s to her last week.

Edward D. Welling CP Number 1539

Photo Number 1539

Hi Connie,
I received the two Edward Welling photographs in this morning's mail.  I am amazed they are is such good shape.  Someone took good care of them.  I will take good care of them, too.  It is another link in the family history that is filled in.
I never knew Edward Welling, but I did know Alice Welling White, my grandfather's mother.  I sometimes accompanied my grandfather when he went to visit her.  She lived to a grand old age, and had me call her 'Nana'.  She lost her vision in her later years, but would not give up her crochet.  She made small afghans toward the end.  Her caretakers would arrange the yarn in the color arc that she desired, and she crocheted by feel.  I think that is pretty amazing.  Believe it or not, I have her 1950 GE refrigerator, and it is still going strong.  That's pretty amazing, too.
I am sending reimbursement for your postage.
Thank you again,
Linda

I had two copies of this photo and both were sent to Linda.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Alice Welling White sounds like one of those quite, unsung, but truly amazing persons!! I'm always happy to see full circles and do enjoy hearing and learning more about the person behind the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on another Full Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo to you and Iggy for reuniting those photos with family! I agree with Iggy: it's always fascinating to learn more about the person and his or her family. I think that's amazing that Linda still has her great-grandmother's 1950 GE refrigerator--and that she's still using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool story! I keep cruising the blog hoping one of my or my husband's family will show up. Almost all our kin are in or from Georgia / Florida though. I think your bunch is mostly from the North.
    Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying all the postings and information.
    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie