Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Photo Number 585

We will look at some children in chairs the rest of the week.  In the early 1900’s they put children in chairs to photograph them.  Cameras were bulky and not easy to set up so they set them up so that the person in the chair would be photographed.

Child in Chair in cute shoes DL Antiques I am not sure where I got this photo. I know I purchased it because of the shoes.  This is a little boy, I say that because his hair is parted on the side. This little boy looks to be about 2 or 3 years old.

Erickson was a photographer in Fargo North Dakota from 1903 to 1916.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby and clothes. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a charmer, and I can almost hear everyone telling him not to get his clothes dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy threads!! Hard to picture hime being a farmer...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie