Saturday, July 2, 2011

Photo Number 582

Ray Binkey Motley ice Cream Shop

A big fish!  A muskie!  I purchased this photo at the Antique Shop with the Ice Cream in Motley Minnesota. I looked at the sign in back of the fisherman..and I could not figure out what it says. It could be the name of a resort??

Ray Binkley 1948 Muskie Motley Ice Cream Shop Ray or Roy Brinkley or Burkley.. the snapshot is stamped Something? Photo 1948.  I wrote Muskie on the back of the photo to identify the fish.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

9 comments:

  1. Ray Buckley? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp looks like "Brown Photo Service" and the year, 1948

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could Muskie (or Musky) Bay be the first part?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guy is very thin. I don't think he can hold up that muskie much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Just Stuff! The man is almost as skinny as the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your writing is so very much close to my heart. Impressing blog and lovely pictures, very inspirational. congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Brikley as I noticed a dot above the letters which would signify an I to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the sign says "Musky Bay" but can't piece together anything more than that.

    LOL? Land of Lakes? Minnesota?

    Given its sportsfishing - Mr. Brinkley (or whatever it is) could have been from just about anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sure it says Musky Bay. Google has a lot of Musky Bays, so it could be almost anywhere in Wisconsin, Michigan, or southern Canada. Can't come up with anything for LOL--

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie