Monday, July 28, 2014

Photo Number 1643

This is a Real Photo Postcard from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.
Horses Orville Paulson RP Postcard DL Antiques
Two men, horses and a wagon.  I have tried to decipher the name on the building in the background with no success.
Horses Orville Paulson RP Postcard DL Antiques back
Orville Paulson
This AZO postcard was used form 1904 to 1918.
Horses Orville Paulson RP Postcard DL Antiques
I don’t know if Orville is in the photo or if the card was meant for him.
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. I liked seeing the cropped farm yard scene. Lots of history in the styles of the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "red" building with the cupola says "Wadena Lumber".

    If I recall correctly, you had a photo on the museum site that might have been the Wadena railroad station (which included the lumber yard).

    I found an Orville Paulson living in Rockwood, Wadena... listed as a farmer. Maybe... maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember that old postcard. Could be Wadena Lumber on this card..:)

      Delete
    2. I dunno...sounds convincing to me :)

      Hooray that it's a photograph with a name attached to it, even if wasn't the name of either of the two men in the photo. It's still a connection!

      Delete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie