Monday, July 21, 2014

Photo Number 1636

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Cocker Spaniel and Boy DL Antiques

A boy with his dog.  Looks like a Cocker Spaniel to me.  I had fun looking around this photo.  It is probably from the 1950’s.  The graduation photo and then a baby picture with those bronzed baby shoes, the doily, the pillow and the couch that has a sparkly thread woven in the upholstery material …and of course the blanket that helped keep the couch clean.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again

5 comments:

  1. The dog's hairdo is a hoot! I think my family had that same couch (except it was called a davenport). Ours was turquoise with black threads and a bit of sparkle thread, too. We often laugh about how hideous it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it screamed, "Fifties!" too. Wonder where that man is, now. Don't you wish someone had marked in a name???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, very familiar stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes... the bronze baby shoes definitely tags this as 1950's or early 60's. My mother-in-law did that for all three of her kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the dog is having a "bad hair" day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie