Monday, January 14, 2013

Photo Number 1107

This week we will look at some photographs of men. This Cabinet Card is from the antique shop in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

Cabinet Card Man from jen Grand Forks Antique mall

The photographer is S. A. Eggan 251-3 Cedar Ave. Minneapolis.  I find an Eggan Studio at that address from 1890 through the 1920’s.  I think this photo is from the 1890’s.

The young man is wearing a frockcoat and the tie looks to me like one of those hand tied bow ties. He strikes a very dashing pose.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again::)

5 comments:

  1. He is very dashing, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. John A. AndersonJanuary 14, 2013 at 4:26 AM

    My computer's printer sits atop a similar table and tablecloth. The stern-faced young gentleman looks much like my church's "fire 'n' brimstone" minister of my youth and whose inspiring sermons I greatly miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do declare, I wish I had his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was Napoleon's trademark pose. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie