Friday, January 11, 2013

Photo Number 1104

This is a photo from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.

1951 somewhere DL Antiques

The year was marked on the back.  1951.

My Mother had fancy rubbers/overshoes like the ones these ladies are wearing..with a strip of fur at the top.  You wore your shoes inside the rubbers.  I had a pair..not fancy..just buckle overshoes..and they were hard to put on especially if your shoes were wet.  They kept your feet dry..but not warm.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

3 comments:

  1. The Colonels CharlottaJanuary 11, 2013 at 4:33 AM

    I remember well the overshoes with the fur, like those in the snap. In our attic I may still have my last pair. They were popular for many years. My mother sold some similar ones in her dress shop in the 1930s.
    It's nice this snap is dated [1951] but it's regrettable the location and the building and people's names aren't included. I was an archivist for a historical society for more than thirty years and, sadly, so very often I came across nice photographs like this one with little or no identification. But it's better for them to be without identification than to not exist at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Church in the background and the fancy coat looks like "church going wear".

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie