Thursday, May 1, 2014

Photo Number 1559

These are two  Real Photo Postcards from Kabekona Corners.

I think these were probably taken the same day.  Possibly the same family.

Til Besla K Corners

Til Besla 3 girls   K Corners

Both of these postcards are marked on the back with one name or phrase?  Isn’t their hair wonderful!!

Til Besla  back K Corners

Til Besla  back K Corners

Til Besta  I did a search Google Translate says it is Danish and it means “to pass.”

The postcards are AZO’s with triangles pointing up and they were used from 1904 to 1918.  Gastler was the photographer in New Ulm Minnesota.  The Minnesota Historical Site has him in New Ulm in 1911 and 1912.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family. What a great find of that old album. What family would give up a treasure like that? I would give my eye teeth for and album full of old pictures of my relatives. As it is I only have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sam I Am. These photos should be treasured by family - they ARE precious.

    The three girls might be Stella, Hazel Ruth, And Sybil from yesterday (but it's just a guess).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful eyelet dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather think "Til Besta" means "To (my) grandma". "Besta" is short for "bestemor" in Norwegian.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie