Thursday, May 22, 2014

Photo Number 1579

This is a Real Photo Postcard from the Antique Shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.
Margaret and Theresa kiel  DL Ant
Hyneman Studio of Eden Valley was the photographer.  He was there in 1902, 1904, 1906 and 1926.
Margaret and Theresa kiel back  DL Ant
Margaret Kiel and Theresa Kiel
Azo Postcards with triangles pointing up were used from 1904 to 1918.  So with that information and the style of the gowns ( pigeon breasted) I will guess this was taken in 1904 or 1906… maybe.
Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again.

Update From SherSher a relative:
Theresia Keil born 1 Jun 1886 in Luxemburg Township MN / married Math Hommerding 3 Sept 1911
Margaret Keil born 8 Aug 1899 / married Michael Hommerding 8 Sept 1915 
George Keil born in 1891

This photo went Full Circle 88 on August 25, 2014

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photo.
    Got moved yesterday. Tired but thankful.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit odd. Only Margaret and Theresa are named; no mention of the young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about that, too. Maybe whoever received the card knew the women but not the man.

      Delete
  3. Looks like mother and daughter to me - and perhaps the young man is (or will) marry Teresa (assuming she is the younger one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since there is an Eden Valley in 3 places in North Dakota and Minnesota, I looked up the photographer and found Ralph W Hyneman (abt 1876) was working as a photographer in Eden Valley, Meeker, Minnesota/

      Delete
    2. Sorry Yes, I should have said Minnesota! I am thinking older sister, sister, sisters husband...but I suppose it could be mother, daughter son in law:)

      Delete
    3. Theresia Keil (Hommerding) is my Great Grandmother and Margaret Keil (Hommerding) is her sister! They both married brothers. (I recognize their faces from my great parents' wedding photographs!) I was in the process of collecting photographs (on-line searches) of my ancestors and was excited to find this treasure!

      Theresia Keil born 1 Jun 1886 in Luxemburg Township MN / married Math Hommerding 3 Sept 1911
      Margaret Keil born 8 Aug 1899 / married Michael Hommerding 8 Sept 1915

      Would you be able to send me this exact photo without "Forgotten Old Photos" on it? (The man in the photo could be my great grandfather Math Hommerding . . . however, he word glasses.) I'm so excited !

      Thanks! Sherri

      Delete
    4. FYI:
      The man in this photo is their brother, George Keil (born 1991)

      Margaret Keil is wearing the exact dress and flower pin that she wore for her sister Theresia's wedding in 1911!

      Delete
    5. George must have been born in 1891.

      Delete
  4. Hi SherSher, I am happy to send you the photo. Contact me through the email on the left with your snail mail address ( Click on the yellow flower) Thanks for the information about the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the photo ready to mail out in the next day or two to Sherri in Idaho. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie